I Am Going.......


I am going……..

11 years ago, I gave my life over to Christ and told him that where ever He wanted me to go, I would go. He has led me to pastoring kids, pastoring an older country church, to pastoring students at WBC. But one thing that I have longed for since I was a little kid, was to be able to go to the mission field. I’ve wanted to be on the front lines, to fulfill the great commandment and preach the gospel to a people of different nationalities, to labor with brothers and sisters that I have never met! With all that being said, when the money was there, the time was never there, and visa versa.

This summer my friend and mentor in the ministry, CJ, approached me about going with him on one last trip to the Philippines. I wanted to go, but my first thought was; “There’s no way that I can afford to pay for this.” I told CJ that I wanted to go, but I would have to pray about it. Time went by, and before I knew what had happened, I had $1200 in my hand. A person who wishes to remain anonymous, went and pulled that money out of their bank account and gave it to me. 
Latter three weeks later, we were close to buying tickets, ready to start the journey towards that mission trip, and CJ gets a phone call from his doctor. The doctor told him that he had an incurable, aggressive form of cancer. Needless to say, our missions trip plans were cancelled. 
Fast forward, Christmas time, I get a call from CJ and he tells me that he was just looking on the website to see what plane tickets cost, and before I knew it, we had bought planes tickets, and are headed to the Philippines.

If you would have told me, 2 years ago, that I would be sitting here in my new home, married, and in T minus 60 days, headed to the Philippines I would have called you a liar! 
“We make plans, and God smiles.” I love the saying because, it gives me a reality check every time I hear it. It shows me that I am just a small part of the plan. That God has everything in control, and He knows what’s best, when its best, and how to get it done. 

There’s still allot that has to fall into place. There is still money that I need to raise, and paperwork that has to be approved. I am still scared to death! And really do not want to leave my wife for two weeks. But I have faith that this is of the Lord. He is guiding me down this path, and showing me where to go, and what to do. 

And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Mark 16:15

I am going. Soli Deo Gloria 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pastoring In A Cowboy Church

Monday Mornings............